29/10/2010

Photoshop practice/preliminary test

For my quick practice on manipulating images prior to a cosmetics ad, I foundk an easily manipulatable backdrop in the red fabric and a central object, the skull. Through a ceries of layer applications, warping and fine details my end result is a satisfyingly macabre, monochrome vortex.

The consumer may be unsettled by such an image, or if longing for a more noir approach will be satisfied with the implication of encroaching death. On a whole I am pleased with how the image turned out, and can possibly encorporate similar techniques into the final advertisement.

2 comments:

  1. Jack - you had an extension to post your cosmetics advertisement by this Friday 19th Nov. You also agreed that you could finish your evaluation by this time. Please make sure this is posted asap. We are now into the second week of the preliminary task and many of the tasks for your Induction unit are still missing. Please refer to the list I gave you three lessons ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing the final advertisement.

    ReplyDelete